and buildout service
We provide a variety of Project Management services.
On staff, we have project managers who have had 21 and 15 years experience at Hewlett-Packard Co.
We maintain membership in the PMI (Project Management Institute) and use MS Project to:
One of our founders is an RCDD (Registered Communications Distribution Designer) and is
OSP certified (Outside Plant Specialist). Both these certifications are from BICSI; an industry-recognized certification group.
The OSP certification focuses on customers' facilities, including:
- Track due dates
- Perform resource allocation
- Schedule sub-contractors
- Adjust to changing priorities.
- Right-of-way and route design
- Space usage design - maintenance holes, ducts, vaults
- Underground, direct-buried, and aerial plant design
- Cabling hardware
- Grounding, bonding, and electrical protection systems.
This page provides an example of a network buildout that our firm performed.
Other design & buildout examples and references provided upon request.
We performed the technical project management and lead engineering for the buildout of a twelve-building main campus
and ten remote campuses.
This work spanned five years of design and implementation with a resultant 10,000+ node data and voice network.
We were hired directly by the customer to manage, on their behalf, the data and voice buildout to include:
- Design of the conduit infrastructure
- Design and placement of cabling and telecommunications closets
- Development of specifications
- Subcontractor procurement
- Contractor management
- Project acceptance.
We additionally performed the following services:
- Data equipment evaluation and selection process
- Designed and implemented a Gigabit network with 100 Mbps switching to the desktop
- Engineered and implemented the upgrade of the core Internet and intranet routers.
We were then invited to project manage the rollout of a VoIP telephone and voicemail solution
encompassing some 1,700 sets.